Friday, July 31, 2020

The origins and cycling back then

I have been cycling since 1st of August 2012, with a target of reaching the fitness level which is needed to do 600 kms in 6 days(100 km per day), for the rally starting on 10th November 2012 from Thrissur to Chennai.

I started with 5-6 kms per day, which I did in 3 sessions, morning, afternoon and night after dinner, since I had left cycling since 1990(22 years) and didn't want to over strain muscles and result in injury, etc.,. by Septmeber mid I was doing 15 kms in one session(morning only). All this was done on my 23 year old BSA SLR(no gears).

On 14th September, 2012, I bought a Bianchi Spillo Rubino, with lock out Suspension, 21 speed (geared) cycle and on the very next day was a hartal (15th Septmeber). My co-rider in the planned chennai rally, Cycle Francis called me up on 14th evening and proposed a ride on 15th on the Hartal day with the messages of "Save Indian Family", "Save Energy" and "Stay healthy". We and Dr.Krishnakumar, RMO(Ortho) of Thrissur Medical College set out on 15th morning to Thrissur Press Club to meet with Asianet News Channel reporter and cameraman to explain our ride with messages.

We rode to medical college where Dr.Krishnakumar joined duty and we continued on our planned ride further to chittilappally

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/188205167

No comments:

Post a Comment